Health Physics Technician
Physics is a profession which deals with monitoring ionizing radiation.
My first job out of college and with interesting experiences in
nuclear power plants.
- Monitored radiological conditions in nuclear power plants
- Counted radioactive samples and determined activity levels with various counting devices
- Sample air and determined radionuclide concentration
- Calculated and prescribed time limits for jobs in radioactive areas
- Decontaminated items
- Prepared radiactive shipments of waste
- Calibrated radioactive measuring devices.